Do you need a better way to compare more affordable car insurance rates in Alvin, TX? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people in Alvin just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of Texas drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could pocket as much as 46.5% a year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare other rate quotes.
Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the absolute best rate on car insurance.
Cheap Alvin auto insurance price quotes online
Just keep in mind that quoting more increases the chance that you will find the best price. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you should also compare price estimates from them, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. To locate cheap auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$970||$485||$81|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,288||$644||$107|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$1,176||$588||$98|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$964||$482||$80|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$1,216||$608||$101|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,226||$613||$102|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,172||$586||$98|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$1,180||$590||$98|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,150||$575||$96|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,212||$606||$101|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Toyota Tacoma 4WD||$956||$478||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can affect prices substantially.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The information below illustrates the difference between insurance costs for male and female drivers in Alvin. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Chevrolet Tahoe LT.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
How car insurance companies determine insurance rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help calculate your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates.
- Costs for men may be higher - Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men get in accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Save money with higher deductibles - Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Fast cars cost more to insure - The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. Small economy passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Your address can push rates up or down - Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when buying insurance. Urban drivers regularly have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- How credit history affects insurance premiums - Your credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Too many insurance claims will drive rates up - Insurance companies in Texas provide the lowest premiums to insureds who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies do not list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we break down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Alvin auto insurance online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
- Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Resident Student - College-age children living away from Alvin attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, five-year accident-free, federal employee, daytime running lights, air bags, and good student.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for good student, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, newly retired, safety features, new move discount, and multi-car.
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, Steer into Savings, air bags, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
When getting free Alvin auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Alvin. If you would like to see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Alvin, click here.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your auto insurance car insurance rates in Alvin. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Alvin auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.