How many years has it been since you compared the cheapest Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Houston? I doubt anyone looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
It's shocking but most auto insurance policyholders have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Houston could save approximately $1,766 every year, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
You have multiple insurers to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to have a choice, having more insurance companies makes it harder to find the lowest rates for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Houston.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons before your next renewal since insurance prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Houston a year ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Locating the best rates in Houston is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Basically, everyone who has to buy auto insurance should buy a cheaper policy. Although Texas car owners do need to understand how insurance companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offering Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Houston
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Houston, TX. To get cheap auto insurance in Houston, TX, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Houston insurance discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow data collection to study driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- College Student - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- No Accidents - Houston drivers who stay claim-free pay less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- E-sign Discounts - Many companies will give a small break shop Houston auto insurance on their website.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can get you a discount because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
It's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, student away at school, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, military active duty, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include early bird, driver training, 55 and older, defensive driver, and student driver.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, good student, bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and air bag.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and good driver.
When getting free Houston auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Houston.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What happens if I owe more than my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG is worth?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
What if I want to buy from local Houston insurance agents?
Some people still like to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to companies in Houston who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Upon receiving positive responses as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an provider that will service your policy. Keep in mind it's your policy and you can terminate coverage at any point so don't feel that you are obligated to a specific company for the full term.
Car insurance coverages for a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your SLS AMG resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your SLS AMG to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other's property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, structural damage, attorney fees, loss of income and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for surgery, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Houston is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
People switch companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or high prices. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More information is available below:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Garland, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)