Are you sick and tired of being strong-armed to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You're in the same situation as the majority of other people in Texas.
It's hard to believe, but the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. American drivers could save themselves almost 46.5% a year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to go online and compare rates.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to find the absolute lowest price on auto insurance.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on auto insurance six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're going to learn the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices increases your odds of finding a better price.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Uvalde, TX. To find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$1,564||$782||$130|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,768||$884||$147|
|Ford Edge Limited AWD||$952||$476||$79|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$950||$475||$79|
|Ford Explorer XLT AWD||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$956||$478||$80|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,060||$530||$88|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$870||$435||$73|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,198||$599||$100|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$970||$485||$81|
|Mazda 3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,182||$591||$99|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,318||$659||$110|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify price quotes significantly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
When comparing car insurance rates, the most common question is how low should you set your deductibles. The following tables lay out the price difference of buying low and high physical damage coverage deductibles. The first data table uses a $250 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second rate chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$294||$408||$382||$22||$114||$1,245||$104|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$332||$408||$382||$22||$114||$1,283||$107|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$332||$408||$382||$22||$114||$1,283||$107|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$182||$256||$382||$22||$114||$956||$80|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$206||$256||$382||$22||$114||$980||$82|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$206||$256||$382||$22||$114||$980||$82|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in your specific Uvalde location which can impact premium rates greatly.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $250 deductible costs an average of $27 more each month or $324 for a full year than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would pay $750 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to average at a minimum 28 months between claims, you would come out ahead by going with a higher deductible.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Honda Accord yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Gender-based car insurance rates by age
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of car insurance rates for male and female drivers in Uvalde. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Ford Focus SES.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Score discounts to get cheaper Uvalde car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Uvalde car insurance online.
- Sign Early and Save - Select car insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Uvalde car insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Safe Driver Discount - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Paper-free Discount - A few insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower car insurance rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Government Employees - Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the cost of your policy.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver's education, good student, safe vehicle, multiple autos, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- American Family has savings for good driver, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, early bird, defensive driver, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, air bags, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include defensive driver, homeowners, student driver, 55 and older, teen driver, and early bird.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
If you need cheaper Uvalde car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
Seven ways to find auto insurance cheaper in Uvalde
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Good drivers have lower rates - Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even a single driving citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who get severe citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Always keep your auto insurance in force - Not having insurance can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- How credit rating affects auto insurance prices - An insured's credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
- Teenagers are high risk - Teenage drivers in Texas have been known to get distracted easily when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers such as lawyers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher premium rates because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, athletes and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Marriage can save you money - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your policy. It means you're more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Rural areas have lower costs - Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Big names are not always cheapest
Popular car insurance providers such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run ads on TV and radio. All the ads make an identical promise that drivers can save some big amount if you get a free Uvalde car insurance quote and switch to them. How can each company lower your auto insurance rates?
Car insurance companies give the cheapest rates for the driver that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a desirable risk might be described as over the age of 35, has few claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that meets those criteria gets the lowest prices and will probably save when switching.
People who fall outside these standards will probably be forced to pay a higher premium and this results in the customer buying from someone else. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how insurance companies can make it sound like they have such great rates.
This illustrates why it's extremely important to get Uvalde car insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will have better prices than you're paying now.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
Discount car insurance in Uvalde can be bought from both online companies and with local Uvalde insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your car insurance auto insurance rates in Uvalde. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
More information can be found below: