Have you finally had enough of scraping nickels together to insure your vehicles every month? You have the same problem as many other Texas drivers.
It's hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of Texas drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Consumers in America could save approximately $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes. Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Pampa is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Smart shoppers only need to know how to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Auto insurance companies offering competitive price quotes in Texas
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Texas. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Texas, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$970||$485||$81|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,442||$721||$120|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,582||$791||$132|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$972||$486||$81|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,288||$644||$107|
|Ford Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,308||$654||$109|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$946||$473||$79|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,706||$853||$142|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,442||$721||$120|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence premium rates greatly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda Civic auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no specific rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Honda Civic claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can raise Hyundai Sonata premium costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Renewal Discounts - Some companies provide a discount for switching to them early. It can save you around 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Professional Memberships - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Pampa is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- E-sign - A few larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up on the web.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used car can save you some money because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Payment Method - By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, daytime running lights, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, multiple policy, accident-free, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Esurance may offer discounts for safety device, multi-car, Switch & Save, DriveSense, claim free, emergency road assistance, and good student.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, bundle, anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, and air bag.
If you want inexpensive Pampa car insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Pampa. For a list of providers with the best discounts in Texas, click here.
Don't I need to have guidance from an insurance agency?
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Pampa that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, just visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Pampa should know the answers to these questions.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
If you receive good answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, it's a good possibility that you have found a company that is reliable enough to adequately provide insurance.
Compare but don't skimp
As you quote Pampa car insurance, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount car insurance in Pampa can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented a lot of information how to find cheaper coverage online. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Texas Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Lubbock, Texas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Texas? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)