Are you researching cheaper insurance rates in El Paso, TX? Trying to come up with a payment for pricey insurance can stress out your budget and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing cost estimates can help to make sure you're not throwing money away.
Statistics show that most insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. El Paso consumers could save an average of $1,766 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't want to take the time to do a rate comparison. Many insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the best coverage at the best rates possible on insurance.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without reducing protection. Locating the best insurance company for you in El Paso can really be easy if you know what you're doing. Smart buyers only have to learn the quickest way to compare price quotes using one simple form.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Texas
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If you want cheaper auto insurance in El Paso, TX, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,790||$895||$149|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,112||$556||$93|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,432||$716||$119|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$1,170||$585||$98|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,226||$613||$102|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,086||$543||$91|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,000||$500||$83|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,238||$619||$103|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,472||$736||$123|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,744||$872||$145|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,434||$717||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in El Paso location which can change price quotes noticeably.
Insurance rates by gender in El Paso
The information below visualizes the comparison of premium costs for male and female drivers in El Paso. Data assumes no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in on a Kia Optima SX.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders impact Honda Accord auto insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts can help to save on car insurance
Some insurance providers don't always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education in high school.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Save over 55 - Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a El Paso auto insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap car insurance quotes in El Paso in Texas, click this link.
How your El Paso costs are determined
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Auto insurance policy lapses raise prices - Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
- Big cities mean more claims - Choosing to live in a small town can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. City drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Drive fewer miles and save - The more miles you rack up on your car annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating states the proper vehicle usage.
- Expect high rates for teens - Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your vehicle scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Gender and insurance coverage prices - Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
- Your career may increase prices - Occupational choices like fire fighters, social workers and medical professionals have higher rates than average because of intense work-related stress and long work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, athletes and performers get better rates.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Is my covered if I use it for business?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Can't I compare rates from local El Paso car insurance agents?
Some people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is sent to companies in El Paso that can give you free El Paso auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in El Paso?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Where would glass claims be handled in El Paso?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they work. Agencies in El Paso can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can do a good job, but it's good to learn the differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are El Paso exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it's recommended you get quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in El Paso who can help you get comparison quotes.
Is there deception in advertising?
Consumers can't avoid all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads try to convey promises that you can save if you change to them.
How is it possible that every company can save you money on auto insurance? You have to listen carefully.
Most companies give the cheapest rates for a prospective insured that makes them money. For example, this type of risk profile may need to be a married female, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. Any person that meets those criteria will get the preferred premium rates in El Paso and is almost guaranteed to save money with a new company.
Drivers who are not a match for the "perfect" profile will probably have to pay a higher rate which translates to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "drivers that switch" not "all people who quote" save that much money. That's why insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. This really illustrates why you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. It's just not possible to know which company will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Be persistent and save
When getting El Paso auto insurance quotes online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just showed you a lot of ways to find cheaper coverage online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheap El Paso auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. More affordable car insurance in El Paso can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information is available below: