How long has it been since you compared more affordable auto insurance rates in New Braunfels, TX? Did budget coverage turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
Sadly, a large majority of drivers in Texas have been with the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around. Popular companies such as Allstate and Progressive constantly blast consumers with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around before your next renewal because insurance prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates on auto insurance two years ago there may be better deals available now. There are a lot of ways to save on auto insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some of the best ways to lower your auto insurance premiums.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in New Braunfels is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Drivers just need to learn the quickest way to quote multiple rates on the web.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like what your job is, whether or not you need a SR-22, how much school you completed, and deductibles desired. Your details is automatically sent to many of the top insurers and you will receive price estimates immediately.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in New Braunfels, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,376||$688||$115|
|Ford Edge SEL 2WD||$1,592||$796||$133|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$864||$432||$72|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$986||$493||$82|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,636||$818||$136|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$984||$492||$82|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,656||$828||$138|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,472||$736||$123|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,150||$575||$96|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,008||$504||$84|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,460||$730||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location which can impact premiums noticeably.
Raise deductibles and save
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Toyota Corolla insurance prices for different age groups. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders drive up Kia Optima insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Policy deductible comparison
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for car insurance is which deductible level should you buy. The following tables may help to conceptualize how much more you'll pay when you choose different insurance deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second price chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$286||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,315||$110|
|Acadia SL AWD||$328||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,357||$113|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$328||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,357||$113|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$328||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,463||$122|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$328||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,463||$122|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,505||$125|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$158||$256||$382||$22||$114||$932||$78|
|Acadia SL AWD||$182||$256||$382||$22||$114||$956||$80|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$182||$256||$382||$22||$114||$956||$80|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$182||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,012||$84|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$182||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,012||$84|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in New Braunfels which can modify prices substantially.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $100 deductible costs an average of $36 more each month or $432 each year than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would pay $900 more to settle a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you average more than 25 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead if you elect the higher deductible.
How to determine when to raise deductibles
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$118|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $82|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$36|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $36|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||25 months|
One important issue to know is that increasing deductibles to lower your rates means you will have to pay more out-of-pocket when you have a comprehensive or collision claim. It will be required that you have enough extra savings in the event you have to pay more for the deductible.
Discounts can help save money on car insurance
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but a few need to be inquired about before being credited.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less could be rewarded with substantially lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
Companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, anti-theft, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and accident prevention training.
- American Family offers premium reductions for bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, early bird, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, good student, and federal employee.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
It's a good idea to ask every company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your area. To view companies who offer online car insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in New Braunfels, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your vehicle for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $820 a year so compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.