Do you want to stop overpaying and find lower-priced car insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio consumers have a choice when looking for affordable Audi A5 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Audi and find the cheapest rates.
You should take the time to compare rates at least once a year because car insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Audi A5 insurance in San Antonio a year ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding A5 insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some tested techniques to stop overpaying for insurance in San Antonio.
Finding cheap San Antonio car insurance quotes is a fairly straight forward process. The only thing you need to do is take the time comparing rates from online providers.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in San Antonio, TX. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in San Antonio, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$288||$614||$422||$24||$126||$1,474||$123|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$318||$660||$366||$22||$110||$1,476||$123|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$396||$1026||$422||$24||$126||$1,994||$166|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$344||$614||$424||$26||$128||$1,536||$128|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$522||$310||$18||$94||$1,178||$98|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$400||$890||$388||$24||$116||$1,818||$152|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$294||$706||$462||$28||$138||$1,628||$136|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$280||$590||$438||$26||$130||$1,464||$122|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$314||$632||$358||$22||$108||$1,434||$120|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$196||$408||$366||$22||$110||$1,102||$92|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$244||$524||$330||$20||$98||$1,216||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in San Antonio location which can alter coverage rates greatly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims impact Audi A5 insurance rates for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi A5 insurance, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your A5, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your Audi A5 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Discounts for multiple policies - Some auto insurance companies provide discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may find lower rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Keep auto insurance rates low by being claim-free - Companies in Texas award cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - There are a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good initially, but if they're wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Liability preserves assets - Your policy's liability coverage is the protection when you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Women tend to take less risk - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. They both get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Insurance loss statistics an Audi A5 - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi A5 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Audi A5 Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A5 2dr 4WD 196 92 140 73 83 100 Audi A5 Convertible 4WD 147 73 140 56
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates on Audi A5 insurance in San Antonio with these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there's a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers that enable their company to look at vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class in school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
You should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower your overall premium however.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, multi-vehicle, air bags, membership and employees, good student, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver's education, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and good driver.
- Esurance has discounts for renters, safety device, multi-car, good driver, and homeowner.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere. To choose insurance companies with the best discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood San Antonio auto insurance agent
Many drivers still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in San Antonio that give free quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they full-time agents?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from local San Antonio agents, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in San Antonio are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can provide insurance policies, but it's important to point out the difference between them because it can factor into the selection process.
These type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below are San Antonio exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- David Swift - State Farm Insurance Agent
8201 Roughrider Dr - San Antonio, TX 78239 - (210) 655-0212 - View Map
- State Farm: Sam Longoria
11026 Culebra Rd #105 - San Antonio, TX 78253 - (210) 433-3264 - View Map
- Robert Tijerina - State Farm Insurance Agent
8802 Potranco Rd Ste 105 - San Antonio, TX 78251 - (210) 684-3800 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in San Antonio that are able to give price quote information.
- Grona Boles Martin Bloxsom Insurance Agency
800 Isom Rd # 100 - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 366-5094 - View Map
- Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd - San Antonio, TX 78230 - (210) 693-1501 - View Map
- A.R.M. Insurance Agency
1534 W Contour Dr #101 - San Antonio, TX 78212 - (210) 828-7873 - View Map
If you receive positive responses as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance.
Persistence pays off
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Audi A5 insurance in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more you quote San Antonio car insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost San Antonio car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Some insurance companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly insurance in San Antonio is available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in McKinney, TX? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Texas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Texas? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)