Are you tired of overpaying and want more competitive car insurance rates in Arlington, TX? Tired of not being able to scrape enough together to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are no different than many other Texas drivers.
Shockingly, a large majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Arlington insurance shoppers can cut their rates by roughly $1,770 a year by just shopping around, but they don't know how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy. There is such a variety of insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It's important to quote other rates at least once a year because car insurance prices change regularly. If you had the lowest rates on car insurance at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to find better coverage on car insurance at a better price.
The purpose of this article is to tell you the best way to quote coverages and also pocket some savings If you are already insured, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the proper methods to compare rate quotes from multiple carriers.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Arlington, TX. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,524||$762||$127|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$920||$460||$77|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,356||$678||$113|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,296||$648||$108|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,420||$710||$118|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$956||$478||$80|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,460||$730||$122|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,150||$575||$96|
|Toyota Corolla S||$952||$476||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in your specific Arlington location which can raise or lower premium rates significantly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
When comparing car insurance rates, the most common question is how high should your deductibles be. The comparison tables below sum up the cost difference between low and high deductibles. The first rate table uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second price chart uses a $500 deductible.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in your specific Arlington location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
Based on this data, using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $26 more each month or $312 a year than requesting the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $400 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to have at a minimum 15 months between claim filings, you would probably save some money if you elect the higher deductible.
Auto insurance policy discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Arlington auto insurance online. If you don't get every credit available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Active Military Service - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow data collection to track their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain larger companies give back up to $50 get Arlington auto insurance on the web.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Arlington Homeowners Pay Less - Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be available in every state. To locate insurance companies with discount rates in Texas, click this link.
Informed consumers can cut their auto insurance rates
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Cut rates and deter theft - Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart theives such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- Careless drivers pay higher costs - A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one chargable violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Do you know your deductibles? - Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, or theft. Your deductibles are how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- How much liability do you need? - The liability section of your policy is the protection if ever you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Higher prices for demanding occupations - Occupations like military generals, executives and financial analysts generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, careers such as farmers, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Too many claims will drive auto insurance rates up - Car insurance companies in Texas generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Add-on coverages that may not be needed - There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Save money by having good credit - A driver's credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. If your credit score is lower than you'd like, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Comparing prices from local Arlington insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Arlington.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Arlington that provide free Arlington auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Insurance agent types
When researching a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they function. Agencies in Arlington can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can do a good job, but it's good to learn how they differ since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance rates, it's a good idea to include price quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Arlington that can possibly get you price quotes.
Vogue Insurance Agency
1201 N Watson Rd #287 - Arlington, TX 76006 - (682) 305-2140 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Arlington exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Picking a insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How long has their agency been open in Arlington?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Arlington?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Once you have received good answers for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to provide insurance coverage.
It's not one size fits all
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
In the end, you can save money
We covered a lot of ways to compare car insurance premium rates in Arlington. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Arlington auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Cost effective car insurance can be bought both online in addition to many Arlington insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in San Antonio, TX? (FAQ)
- How Much is Texas Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)