Do you need a better way to compare more competitive car insurance rates in Socorro, TX? Are you regretting buying an overpriced car insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because you're not alone.
Unimaginable but true, most drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Socorro could pocket $1,770 a year, but they don't know the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy. You have multiple car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Socorro can be much easier if you know how to start. If you currently have insurance, you will surely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the techniques covered below. Consumers just have to use the best way to shop online from multiple companies.
Most major insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get coverage prices from their websites. Getting online quotes can be done by anyone as you simply enter your coverage information into a form. After you complete the form, the quote system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on many factors. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, and it's necessary to perform this step if you want to get a lower rate.
To quickly compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Socorro, TX. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,316||$658||$110|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$988||$494||$82|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$1,352||$676||$113|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$1,054||$527||$88|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,008||$504||$84|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,806||$903||$151|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$1,548||$774||$129|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Toyota Camry LE||$888||$444||$74|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,600||$800||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific Socorro garaging location which can raise or lower premiums significantly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Ford F-150 insurance rates for different age groups. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Get lower-cost car insurance with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there's a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some car insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Socorro auto insurance online.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain car insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- College Student - Youth drivers living away from Socorro attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for safety features, exclusive group savings, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, newly married, and multi-policy.
- American Family may include discounts for air bags, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good driver, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, homeowner, business and professional, teen driver, early shopping, distant student, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including company car, paperless, safe driver, group or association, multiple vehicles, air bags, and paid in full.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, anti-theft, and drive less.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Savings might not apply everywhere. To see insurers with discount rates in Texas, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Socorro car insurance agents?
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Smart consumers can cut their car insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower car insurance prices.
- Lower rates come with age - More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Teen drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - Many insurers provide a discount to people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount it's still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your vehicle is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Vehicle options that lower prices - Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates - The performance level of the car or truck you own makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost in Socorro, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Socorro is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable car insurance rates are possible
When shopping online for car insurance, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal or even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce car insurance prices online in Socorro. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with an unexpected company.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)