Have you had enough of sacrificing to buy car insurance? You have the same problem as most other people in Texas.
A recent survey discovered that over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Nederland could save themselves nearly 70% a year, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates and save money. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with advertising and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
Best companies for low-cost prices in Texas
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Ford Edge Limited 2WD||$1,156||$578||$96|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,052||$526||$88|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Ford Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,154||$577||$96|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$858||$429||$72|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,424||$712||$119|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,084||$542||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower coverage rates considerably.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Nissan Sentra insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no specific rule for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Ford F-150 claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can influence GMC Acadia annual premium costs for each different age category. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why you might pay higher rates in Nederland
Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Listed below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you've never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and burglary. Your deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you're willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Never let your auto insurance policy lapse - Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- More people means more accidents - Residing in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. Urban drivers have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total premium.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a lower auto insurance rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims prior to the accident.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Some of the larger companies that may have these discounts are:
If you want affordable Nederland car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply in your state. To see providers with discount auto insurance rates in Texas, click this link.
Can you really save if you switch?
Consumers in Texas get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings for switching by State Farm and Allstate. They all make the same claim that you can save if you switch your coverage to them.
How does every company give you a lower rate on insurance? Here is the trick they use.
Companies quote their cheapest rates for the driver that will be a good risk. For instance, a driver they prefer might have to be a married male, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Someone who fits that profile will get a cheap rate quote in Nederland and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who are not a match for these standards may be forced to pay higher prices and this results in business not being written. Company advertisements say "people who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much when switching. That's the way companies can truthfully claim big savings.
Because of this risk profiling, you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It's not possible to predict the company that will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Persistence will pay off
There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies. Lower-priced insurance in Nederland can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
We've covered many ways to reduce insurance car insurance rates online in Nederland. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Nederland car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Texas? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Houston, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Fort Worth, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Texas Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Texas? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)