Want to learn a better way to compare the cheapest auto insurance rates in College Station, TX? Did a good deal turn out to be an expensive auto insurance policy? You're in good company because many College Station drivers feel the same as you.
It's hard to believe, but almost 70% of insureds in Texas kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in America could save an average of up to $860 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy. There are many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to find the best rates.
The majority of larger companies give coverage prices from their websites. Getting auto insurance prices online is pretty easy as you simply enter your required coverages into a form. Upon sending the form, their system obtains credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on the information you submitted. Getting online quotes makes it simple to compare prices and it's necessary to do this if you are searching for cheap rates.
If you want to find out how much you're overpaying now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This way, you will receive rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in College Station, TX. To locate cheap car insurance in Texas, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2WD||$1,786||$893||$149|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$1,474||$737||$123|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$850||$425||$71|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,686||$843||$141|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,282||$641||$107|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$854||$427||$71|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,122||$561||$94|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,386||$693||$116|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Volkswagen Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in your specific College Station location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Nissan Altima insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of annual premium costs for male and female drivers in College Station. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in on a GMC Acadia SL.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discount College Station car insurance rates
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list the entire discount list very well, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a College Station auto insurance quote.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- No Claims - College Station drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on College Station auto insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Student Discounts - This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Driver's Education for Students - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Completing a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including type of vehicle, professional/association, accident-free, ease of repair, age of vehicle, good student, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for easy pay, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driving, and family plan.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, federal employee, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply in College Station. To locate companies with discount rates in Texas, click here to view.
Make smart decisions and save money
Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Your career may increase premiums - Occupations like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher average rates in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Low mileage costs less - The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's a good idea to make sure your car insurance coverage is showing how each vehicle is driven.
- Tickets drive up costs - Only having one speeding ticket can increase rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers with serious citations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Lots of insurers will award a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Safety first - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your car or truck is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
- Married drivers get better rates - Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature and it's statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Why do you need liability coverage? - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Smart shoppers get results
More affordable insurance in College Station is definitely available both online and with local College Station insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.