Want to learn how to save money and find lower-priced Ford Focus insurance in Austin? Are you at wits end from trying to scrape together enough money to pay auto insurance each month? Your situation is no different than many other Texas drivers.
A study showed that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in Austin could cut their rates by nearly $1,766 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to take the time to shop their coverage around. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company and uncover the absolute lowest rate on Ford Focus insurance in Austin.
Most companies make it easy to get prices online. The process is pretty painless as you just type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the system sends out for your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted. Using the web to get rates for Ford Focus insurance in Austin makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find the best auto insurance rates.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This way, you will be getting rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Austin, TX. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$570||$462||$28||$138||$1,450||$121|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$412||$430||$26||$128||$1,176||$98|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$326||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,704||$142|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$580||$358||$22||$108||$1,288||$107|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$254||$572||$452||$26||$136||$1,440||$120|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$206||$486||$486||$28||$146||$1,352||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect price quotes significantly.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The information below compares Ford Focus auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Focus annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula of when to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford Focus settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a home in Austin can save a few bucks since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory air bags could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course in school.
- Onboard Data Collection - Austin drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to spy on driving manner remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Austin auto insurance quote.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance carriers reward you with better auto insurance rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, early bird, mySafetyValet, good driver, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, driver training, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, air bag, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your state.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Focus in Austin, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is my Ford Focus covered for smoke damage?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
What if I want to buy from local Austin auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Austin who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an provider should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in Austin should be willing to answer these questions.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Austin?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
If you would like to find a local Austin insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Austin can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Austin that can give you price quotes.