Are you tired of scraping nickels together to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than the majority of other vehicle owners in Texas.
A recent study showed that most insurance policyholders in Texas have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Many consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it's difficult to compare rate quotes.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to discover the definitive best rates possible on insurance.
It's a good idea to compare rates once or twice a year since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. There are a lot of ways to save on insurance on the internet, but I'm going to show you the best ways to reduce your insurance bill.
There are several ways to get quotes from local Pearland insurance companies. One of the best ways to find affordable insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to actually drive to all the different insurance agencies. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent. It's important to know that comparing more rates from different companies increases the chance that you will find a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide quotes over the internet, so you also need to get price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,000||$500||$83|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,078||$539||$90|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$1,550||$775||$129|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,318||$659||$110|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$850||$425||$71|
|Ford Explorer Limited 4WD||$1,346||$673||$112|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$1,210||$605||$101|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,026||$513||$86|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$1,046||$523||$87|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$898||$449||$75|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$888||$444||$74|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,604||$802||$134|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Pearland which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates substantially.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Honda Accord insurance rates for each different age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance advertising tricks
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the ads advertise claims about saving some big amount just by moving to their company. How does every company say the same thing? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Different companies have specific criteria for the right customer that will not have excessive claims. For example, a profitable customer should be a female over age 40, has no tickets, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who meets those qualifications receive the lowest rate quotes in Pearland and will also save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for the requirements will probably be forced to pay a more expensive rate with the end result being the customer buying from someone else. Company advertisements say "drivers that switch" not "all people who quote" save that much. That is how companies can claim big savings.
This emphasizes why it's extremely important to compare as many free Pearland auto insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to predict which company will give you lower auto insurance rates than your current company.
Get cheaper rates by applying discounts
Companies don't always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles could earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Pearland Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Multiple Cars - Drivers who insure all your vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To choose companies who offer discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Pearland.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Pearland who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want to use a good insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Pearland may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will want to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Picking a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
After receiving acceptable answers to these questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance. Just understand that you are able to cancel a policy for any reason so don't think you are locked into a specific company for the full policy term.
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to your policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
We just covered a lot of techniques to lower your auto insurance prices in Pearland. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Pearland auto insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Pearland auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When searching for cheap Pearland auto insurance quotes, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
More affordable auto insurance in Pearland can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Texas? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)