Online price comparisons for cheaper Killeen auto insurance may seem to be difficult if you are one of the many people who have never used online quotes. But don't be confused because it's actually quite easy.
It's shocking but over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many drivers in Texas can cut their rates by 70% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to find lower-cost car insurance rates.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons is to know the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as whether or not you need a SR-22, if you lease or own, if you're married, and if it has an alarm system. Your details is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Killeen.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Texas. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$888||$444||$74|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$914||$457||$76|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,226||$613||$102|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$1,386||$693||$116|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$976||$488||$81|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$1,176||$588||$98|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,040||$520||$87|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$990||$495||$83|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$1,336||$668||$111|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,006||$503||$84|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,172||$586||$98|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,058||$529||$88|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,442||$721||$120|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,288||$644||$107|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$952||$476||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in Killeen location which can increase or decrease prices significantly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims influence Ford F-150 annual premium costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts for lower Killeen car insurance rates
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there's a good chance there are discounts that many people don't even know exist. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, early bird, Steer into Savings, air bags, TimeAway discount, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, renewal discount, good student, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and driver training.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, passive restraint, good student, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Travelers has savings for early quote, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, payment discounts, good student, multi-car, and new car.
- The Hartford offers discounts for good student, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, and bundle.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, air bags, anti-theft, good student, and driver training.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Killeen.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Killeen, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your vehicle for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Local insurance agents
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in Killeen.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Killeen car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Killeen are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it's recommended you include rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Killeen should know the answers to these questions.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Killeen?
- Is there a local claims center in Killeen?
- Are they involved in claim handling?