Did a good deal turn into an overpriced auto insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because there are lots of Horizon City residents who feel the same.
Inconceivable but true, most auto insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Horizon City consumers could pocket approximately $1,800 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to go online and compare rates. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's a great practice to do rate comparisons periodically because auto insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rates on auto insurance a few years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to learn the best methods to save on auto insurance.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Horizon City can be much easier if you know how to start. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most effective way to compare price quotes instantly.
Discount Horizon City auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Save over 55 - Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- New Car Discount - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works.
Companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple policy, good student, driver's education, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, air bags, membership and employees, and driver training.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for driver training, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, air bags, student driver, early bird, and 55 and older.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, good driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, and air bag.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, and good student.
If you want low cost Horizon City auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Horizon City, click here.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick almost all companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like which vehicles you own, an estimate of your credit level, if it has an alarm system, and if the vehicle is leased. Your rating data is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and you get price estimates instantly.
To compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Texas, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2WD||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,426||$713||$119|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$944||$472||$79|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,170||$585||$98|
|Ford Edge SEL 2WD||$870||$435||$73|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,180||$590||$98|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$952||$476||$79|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$988||$494||$82|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,442||$721||$120|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$876||$438||$73|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,472||$736||$123|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$834||$417||$70|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$994||$497||$83|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,340||$670||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase rates considerably.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The information below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims impact Hyundai Elantra insurance premiums for each different age group. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Honda Civic insurance rates for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Age, gender, and differences in insurance rates
The example below illustrates the difference between car insurance costs for male and female drivers in Horizon City. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied on a Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why you might pay higher rates in Horizon City
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
Shown below are most of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Your employer can affect rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and accountants usually pay the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work days. Conversely, occupations like actors, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Buy as much liability protection as you can afford - Liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Extra policy coverages you don't use - There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you've never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
The more you drive the more you pay - Driving more miles in a year's time the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Insure car and home with the same company - The majority of companies apply lower prices to policyholders that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It's possible to still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
Physical damage deductibles are a factor - Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Lower performance equals lower insurance prices - The type of car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest rates are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Maintain insurance coverage - Driving without insurance is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas DMV.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Horizon City, insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your vehicle for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to save money.
One last thing about your coverage
Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced insurance in Horizon City is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Horizon City agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We've covered many ways to compare insurance car insurance rates in Horizon City. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Horizon City auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from the least-expected company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites: