Do you need a better way to compare lower-priced car insurance rates in Corpus Christi, TX? Corpus Christi drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on car insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for a and find the best price possible from Corpus Christi insurance agents and online providers.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Corpus Christi can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you are insured now, you should be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas presented in this article. Shoppers just need to use the proper methods to compare price quotes from many different companies.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,150||$575||$96|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$934||$467||$78|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,472||$736||$123|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,530||$765||$128|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$1,582||$791||$132|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$814||$407||$68|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$1,216||$608||$101|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,100||$550||$92|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,098||$549||$92|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,152||$576||$96|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$1,112||$556||$93|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,196||$598||$100|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,068||$534||$89|
|Volkswagen Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,152||$576||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can lower or raise premium rates greatly.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of auto insurance rates for male and female drivers in Corpus Christi. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied on a Honda Civic EX-L.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota Camry car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set rule for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Toyota Camry book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no definitive formula for phasing out comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Cruze book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of auto insurance, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper rates with these rate reducing discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there's a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Student - Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better car insurance rates if you take out life insurance.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just owning your own home can save you money since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow their company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works. Any amount of discount should help reduce your car insurance premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, good driver, and driver's education.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-car, payment discounts, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, and new car.
- American Family has savings for air bags, good driver, bundled insurance, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for teen driver discount, safety features, newly married, good student, and exclusive group savings.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Corpus Christi. To view car insurance companies with significant discounts in Corpus Christi, click this link.
Are car insurance agents of importance?
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you are searching for a local agent, there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Corpus Christi agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth mentioning the difference between them since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Ruben Bonilla
2727 Morgan Ave #300 - Corpus Christi, TX 78405 - (361) 881-1033 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Richard Peetz
3038 S Alameda St - Corpus Christi, TX 78404 - (361) 887-7801 - View Map
- Gene McWhorter - State Farm Insurance Agent
14101 Northwest Blvd #103 - Corpus Christi, TX 78410 - (361) 767-0750 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Below are independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Crawford Insurance
5262 S Staples St # 300 - Corpus Christi, TX 78411 - (361) 654-2788 - View Map
- Borden Insurance
210 S Carancahua St Fl 4 - Corpus Christi, TX 78401 - (361) 882-6543 - View Map
- Star Advantage Insurance Agency
15201 S Padre Island Dr - Corpus Christi, TX 78418 - (361) 949-0396 - View Map
How much can you save?
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper car insurance in Corpus Christi can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Corpus Christi agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, policy non-renewal and even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is actually quite simple.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)