How many times have you told yourself to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Corinth, TX? Confused by the sheer number of auto insurance companies in your area? Many other people are too. There are so many companies to choose from that it can be a big hassle to compare premium rates on auto insurance. If you've ever been there, you know that Corinth is a wonderful place to live, but high auto insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to maintain proper levels of coverage.
It's astonishing, but most auto insurance policyholders have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Texas consumers can save almost 70% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't want to compare rate quotes online.
It's smart to shop coverage around periodically because prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on auto insurance a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it's time to teach you the best way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The best way to get rate comparisons is to know most of the larger companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide information such as types of safety features, how many miles driven, level of coverage desired, and whether you have decent credit. Your rating data is automatically sent to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Corinth.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Corinth, TX. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,600||$800||$133|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,152||$576||$96|
|Ford Edge Limited 2WD||$1,318||$659||$110|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,408||$704||$117|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,314||$657||$110|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,548||$774||$129|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$970||$485||$81|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,616||$808||$135|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,340||$670||$112|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$986||$493||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific location information which can alter premiums considerably.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
When buying car insurance, a common question is which deductible level should you buy. The rates below can help show the differences in premium rates between high and low deductibles. The first rate table uses a $250 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second rate chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,333||$111|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,421||$118|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,459||$122|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$332||$584||$430||$26||$128||$1,525||$127|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,459||$122|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$332||$672||$430||$26||$128||$1,613||$134|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,012||$84|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,068||$89|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$206||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,158||$97|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$206||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,214||$101|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise insurance rates significantly.
We can derive from the above data that using a $250 deductible would cost the average driver about $30 more each month or $360 for a full year than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $750 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you go at least 25 months between claim filings, you would save more money if you opt for a higher deductible.
How to calculate if higher deductibles make sense
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$122|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $92|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$30|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $30|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||25 months|
An important sidenote is that raising deductibles to save money means you pay more out-of-pocket at claim time. You need to make sure you have some extra savings in the event you need to pay more to get your vehicle repaired.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age in Corinth
The chart below illustrates the comparison of auto insurance costs for male and female drivers in Corinth. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied on a Hyundai Elantra Blue.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the high insurance cost in Corinth, insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Texas is overpaying over $800 each year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Truth in auto insurance advertising
Well-known auto insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run television and radio advertisements. All the ads advertise the message about saving some big amount just by moving to them. How does every auto insurance company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies have a certain "appetite" for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. An example of a profitable customer could be over the age of 40, has a clean driving record, and does not commute to work. Anybody that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and will also save some money.
Insureds who do not fit this ideal profile will get higher prices and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The wording the ads use say "people that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save money. That's why insurance companies can make those statements.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare price quotes frequently. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will have better rates than you're paying now.
Auto insurance policy discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- Distant Student - Children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking part in a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, youthful driver, good student, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver's education, defensive driving training, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Allstate includes discounts for passive restraint, premier plus, senior citizen, auto/life discount, safe driver, good payer, and 55 and retired.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, business or organization, easy pay, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not apply in your area. To locate providers with discount auto insurance rates in Texas, click here to view.
You may need advice from an insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agencies is important especially in Corinth.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Corinth car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any agents since price quotes are sent instantly to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Corinth?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying a policy, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Every situation is different and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help highlight if you could use an agent's help.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Be persistent to save money
When shopping online for car insurance, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheap car insurance in Corinth can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
We've covered a lot of tips how to compare car insurance rates in Corinth. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best rates are with an unexpected company. Some small companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.