Having to pay for high-priced insurance in Brenham can dwindle your family's budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Sadly, almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Texas consumers could save nearly $1,766 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes.
Companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually hit you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Companies offering competitive rate quotes in Brenham, TX
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Brenham, TX. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Texas, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$898||$449||$75|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,100||$550||$92|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,470||$735||$123|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$990||$495||$83|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$1,336||$668||$111|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$1,384||$692||$115|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,242||$621||$104|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$1,058||$529||$88|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,358||$679||$113|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,150||$575||$96|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,196||$598||$100|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,436||$718||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific Brenham garaging location which can increase or decrease rates noticeably.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Dodge Ram rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact formula of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Some companies don't necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Multi-car Discount - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Mature Driver Discount - Seniors may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Buy New and Save - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
To find insurers who offer cheap insurance quotes in Brenham in Texas, click here to view.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads in print and on television. They all advertise the message about savings just by switching your policy. That's great but how can every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It's all in the words they use.
Many companies have strict underwriting profiles for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. One example of a driver they prefer might be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anyone who fits that profile receive the lowest rate quotes in Brenham and have a good chance to cut their insurance rates if they switch.
Insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile may be forced to pay higher prices and ends up with business not being written. The ads state "customers who switch" not "all people who quote" save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those statements.
This emphasizes why you really should compare rate quotes every year. It's not possible to predict which company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Smart consumers save more
Some auto insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost auto insurance in Brenham can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Texas Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Texas? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)